Sunday, August 28, 2005

What, Where, and When (Still No How)

As promised, more info on my trip abroad (it's as much for myself as it is for you, I'm struggling to come to terms with how quickly it's all happening!).
Following the recent(ish) merger of Siemens with VA Tech (a large Austrian technology firm) I will be restating the accounts of VA Tech and establishing a new reporting system. Yawn. Well, I wanted to travel and this is the only way I can afford to do it. Working hours are good, as it’s Austria I’m only allowed to work 39 hours per week, so everyone finishes at 2pm on Friday - hooray for the European Working Time Directive!

Linz is pretty well situated, a boat ride down the Danube to Vienna and a train journey away from Munich, Milan, Prague and Geneva (see Lonely Planet’s map). It looks beautiful from the pictures and webcams I’ve seen, but I’ll post some pictures when I arrive there so y’all can see for yourselves. You can see a webcam of the Hauptplatz here.







I still don’t know exactly where I’ll be staying, but apparently it’ll be some sort of cheap student accommodation. Back to the days of student halls! The university is in the centre of town so hopefully the accommodation will be too. The offices I’m working at are situated about a mile outside the city centre.

2 Comments:

At 1:27 pm BST, Anonymous Jay said...

You'll only be a train ride away from Chris in Milan!

Uh Oh......!

 
At 11:09 pm BST, Blogger Jon said...

haha all sorts of nonsense is going to happen! watch out europe... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home