Sunday, February 19, 2006

Next Station: Bratislava

The Castle

A random meeting with Chris forms the basis of my next tale - a trip to Bratislava; and yes, what they say about the women is true... I think it'll take a while before my jaw returns to it's normal position!

We stayed in the delightful Hotel Stop, where the staff have such an eye for detail that they provide complimentary blood stains with your unwashed bed linen. Pillows come in a lovely shade of dried semen yellow, while the multi-functional bathroom sink doubles as a shower! The phone number is shown in the photo (thanks to Chris), should you ever want a comfortable stay in the red light district of Bratislava.


There's a story behind this photo.
  1. Our room didn't have any curtains.
  2. There were blood and/or semen stains on the bed sheets.
An ingenius moment of domesticity from Chris ensured that both problems were solved.



We also came across this peculiar dish during our stay. When I read "soup served in bread" on the menu, I though it must just be a mis-translation. "It's the other way round, surely. This must be their way of describing croutons", I though. I was wrong.





Bratislava is pretty small, and as such, there's not that much to see. The castle is nice from the outside, but then you go inside and it appears to be falling apart. The strange flying saucer floating above the bridge over the Danube is another interesting sight, but it just serves to emphasise that ever other building in the city is exactly the same.



The best part of the trip was the cheap beer, and the bars. Surprisingly plush for such a run down city, there was a lot of variety - but I suppose this is sustained by the steady flow of tourists in search of a cheap drink *ahem*. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera out at night so I don't have any photos of the bars, or indeed, the gorgeous women that adorned them. (Except this one, which I took during the day)



Going to Bratislava isn't about sightseeing. It's about spending time with your mates and having a good time, without having to worry about such things as money, or personal hygiene. Top stuff!


See the rest of the photos here...

3 Comments:

At 8:12 pm GMT, Blogger Jodi said...

Your first encounter with soup in a bread bowl? It's pretty common here in the U.S.

 
At 10:06 pm GMT, Blogger Jon said...

Really? That's interesting - I thought it was an Eastern European thing. I'd like to introduce it to England, but I think the soup will leak through our bread... :-)

Thanks for stopping by Jodi!

 
At 3:39 pm GMT, Blogger Chris said...

Aaahhhh....so thats what happened!...the reality of hotel Stop was so sordid that I had to pay vast amounts of money to a medical team to erase the memory permanantly!

Good trip all in all, FREEZING cold tho! But certainly worth it just for the girls! Not many clubs I've been to since where the gals grope my ass and place my hands on their tits all night long!

...cool!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home