Monday, July 10, 2006

First Glimpse


My first foray into KL proper, including a glimpse of those towers...

I met an odd chap called Azli while drinking coffee by the side of the KLCC Gardens (which are overlooked by the towers and surroud an artificial lake). He's a highly enthusiastic photographer, and after half an hour of telling me all about his hobby, he gave me his card with a link to his photo blog. He also showed me some of the photos on his camera - mostly of children, and mostly boys. Hmm. Then I saw the tagline on his photo blog - "Touching lives through photography"... I'd heard enough! I ran away and hid in a shop opposite Starbucks.

Off on a tangent here; for the price of a Starbucks coffee, you could buy 5 main meals at a mamak, or stay in a local hostel for 2 nights (yet it's still half the price of a coffee in London)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home